Sunday, July 29, 2012

This one will Philly you up (with happiness)

Someone recently suggested I try Taylor Gourmet, and when I went, I couldn't believe I hadn't been there before. I never noticed it- maybe because the K street location is in between Busboys and Poets AND Kushi. Yep, that's absolutely why I never noticed it before. Kushi.....yummmm....

Anyway, this blog is about sandwiches, not overpriced (yet delicious) sushi. Right, C-Rock? I happened to be at a conference near Taylor this week, so I stopped in for a late lunch one day in between sessions.

When I stepped inside, I was a little overwhelmed by the extensive menu.  However, in rare form for me, I made my decision very quickly when I saw the JFK Boulevard sandwich (the names are all Philly-related and the sandwiches are all Italian hoagie style).

The JFK is one of many chicken cutlet sandwiches on the menu, each offering a choice between grilled and Italian breaded chicken.  I went for the breaded. On top of the chicken are portobella mushrooms and goat cheese.  I happen to be obsessed with goat cheese, which may be the main reason I selected this sandwich so quickly.  I think portobella and goat cheese are a delicious combination in almost anything, but added to a fresh, moist, lightly breaded, olive-oil drizzled chicken cutlet and wrapped in a fresh hoagie (I chose wheat), this combination forms an amazing sandwich.





Half of this substantial sandwich (substandwich?) became a delicious, reheated lunch on another day!

My stomach is actually growling right now as I write this.  Gotta go make a sandwich! (thinking peanut butter and honey- ever had one? be forewarned...they are ADDICTIVE).


No comments:

Post a Comment