Sunday, July 15, 2012

In search of the perfect sandwich...

I suppose you can tell from the name of the blog that it's about sandwiches.  Before we get into the sandwiches I'll just give a little history.  My Work Bestie and I became friends over sandwiches, not by sitting and having lunch together per se, but by running out for lunch together.  It started out as a once in a while thing and has now turned into every day we have the chance.  We go get lunch together.  Rarely do we get to eat together, but if we happen to get something amazing we tend to email each other back and forth about it most of the afternoon, about how yummy it is, etc.  I owe a debt of gratitude to lunch for bringing us together.

So the other day, my WB was working out of the office, and she posted something about the sandwich she had for lunch.  It was so inspiring to me...her description not only of the sandwich, but also of how she couldn't stop thinking about it.  And that is how we got here...so, I feel the need to share what she said as I feel that when you read it you will understand too.

"Today I ate the most delicious sandwich of my life.  Where, you (didn't) ask?  The NIH cafeteria.  I can't stop thinking about that sandwich"

So of course, I had to know what this sandwich was that was so captivating...and that I wasn't able to share with her except in cyberworld.  And here is what she said...

"seared rare ahi tuna, avocado, the most perfect, juicy tomatoes, crispy bacon, and this wasabi mayo-esque sauce, on whole wheat toast and ohmygod now my mouth is watering."

Her words inspired me to suggest that we go on a quest to find more sandwiches that make us feel this way.  And to share our quest with those who share a love of sandwiches.  I most likely will let WB do most of the writing up here since she is more talented than I when it comes to the written word, so keep tuned, and hungry for more sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment