Friday, December 21, 2012

A B-L-T, but not.

Today, the end of the world, WB and I were able to actually go out to eat, sit down and enjoy a relaxed lunch…on a workday! I was so excited when I got to the Wine Kitchen, a new-to-me restaurant in Frederick, MD.  The Wine Kitchen feels cozy yet classy, and the menu features sections entitled “From the Farm,” “Blue Waters,” and “Pastures and Sky.”  For my lunch, I selected the Spicy BLT Sandwich from the “Pastures and Sky” section of the menu.  I have eaten a lot of BLTs in my day, and they have generally been delicious in my experience (what’s not to like??), but this sandwich is EXTRAORDINARY.  I mean, this is not your typical bacon-lettuce-tomato sandwich.  The slightly buttered, toasted sourdough bread surrounds super crispy, salty house-made bacon, fresh and spicy arugula, and subtly sweet, tangy, and just-sour-enough green tomatoes.  The Siracha aioli was creamy and zippy, allowing the Spicy BLT to live up to its name.  I really loved this unique twist on a classic sandwich, and I have been savoring the memory of this lunch all day.  The tater tots with caraway seeds were a nice touch on the side, with the crispy outside surrounding a soft, mashed potato-esque center. I will definitely be back to the Wine Kitchen- next time I want to go there for wine and a sandwich, two of my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment