Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ultimate Turkey: a Taste of Home

One characteristic of sandwiches that WB and I find so appealing is tradition.

I traveled to my hometown, Tallahassee, FL recently, and I could not wait to get my hands on an Ultimate Turkey from Hopkins Eatery.  This is a sandwich I have been eating for many, many years, and it's quite unique (and very addictive).  Whenever I go home to Tally, I make a point of going to Hopkins and ordering this sandwich.  It's comfort food in the place I was born and raised- what could be better? I shared this most recent experience while catching up with my friend since 8th grade, MoJo.

I'll admit that I'm usually not excited by the idea of a turkey sandwich.  It just sounds boring. The Ultimate Turkey isn't like other turkey sandwiches though.  It's served hot on pumpernickel-rye bread with turkey breast, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, tomato, onions, lettuce, mayonnaise, and parmesan dressing.


It's a little messy to eat, but it tastes so good that you're eating it fast anyway before it really has time to fall apart.  Every turkey sandwich I eat will always be compared to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment