Friday, August 24, 2012

Life is short: eat dessert (sandwiches) first!

Every meal- even snacks and tea time- can involve a sandwich.  (Did I just imply that snacks are a meal? Did I? Aren't they?)

Take dessert, for example.  You have ice cream sandwiches (coming in a future post!), and you have this, my creation:

On a recent late summer day, some foodie friends and I cooked up a delicious lunch (including grilled salmon YUM) to celebrate our anniversaries of moving to DC.  I picked up from Whole Foods an "all butter pound cake," and I had some strawberries and Cool Whip on hand.  I layered the three to make a strawberry shortcake sandwich- what's not to love!?  Summer desserts almost require fresh fruit and cream (or cream-esque), if you ask me.

This would work with any pound cake and lots of different fruits, if you want to adventure from the classic combo.  It's so easy to make, a beautiful presentation, and absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment